What to Know to Look Great for Your Headshots
A great executive headshot can help you communicate in an instant who you are —Dr. Talaya Waller
Things to Remember
- The purpose of the portrait is to capture your face. Everything else including the lighting, background, and clothing should be kept simple to complement your face.
- Listed below are some general things to remember when preparing for your personal branding photoshoot.
- Dress in the fashion you feel best represents you and your company/organization.
- For a formal business portrait, dress as you would if you were making a presentation to your most important clients and associates.
- For a more casual portrait, you still want to wear something that looks upscale and smart. Perhaps a blazer, a sweater, a button-down shirt or blouse
- Generally, matte, bold color is best; avoid product with glimmer, Be aware of moisturizer and foundation that reflect light.
- Go for a light, clean look.
- If you wear glasses most of the time, wear them for your shoot.
- Avoid a new cut or style too close to your session.
- Consider a professional makeup artist. Although, most clients do not use a professional with good results.
- Please arrive camera-ready.
- Usually, short sleeves don’t work,
- Darker colors are best.
- Avoid sheer white shirts.
- Depending on your business, consider a jacket and/or tie.
- Come with a fresh shave.
- If you have a beard or mustache, consider a professional trim.
- Unless done professionally, take a pass on makeup.
Copyright ©2020 Headshots of Chicago, all rights reserved.